Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Say "NO"...and Push Away

It's official! After nearly 7 months, I'm nearly fixed.....

The SAD (seasonal affective disorder, which I PROMISE is a real medical abnormality) is leaving to make room for the longer, sunnier days of the never-ending-Utah-winter. Hubby has a job that he doesn't hate, thus improving the constant need for medication just to get me out of bed in the mornings, which in turn has come full circle with my GAD being miraculously mended thanks to iPhone apps that have helped me rock the 5 am workouts. All of my internal organs have seemed to settle back into their original placement pre-surgery, and I can almost feel my lower abs gaining some strength again and staying put instead of popping out of my abdomen like an alien baby. So, as it turns out, the brilliant doc was right. Also, as a tiny bit of frosting on my cake of life, I am cancelling next week's appointment with said doctor because I am only willing to pay a copay when I'm feeling suckish - not when I feel fabulous. And, I do....I really do. Apparently he knew what he was talking about when he literally ordered me back to the gym. It's my daily dose of happy, even when I hate it.

I am narcissistic enough to think that any of you actually care that I've conquered this year's bout of SAD before I tear away the February calendar page. I feel compelled to update because I don't want a blog that just bitches about how crappy I feel. It's all about the good, the bad, and the ugly here, so you're getting every ounce of all of it. I don't keep a journal...never really have. (Unless you count the spiral notebook with some sappy daisy-covered meadow with a litter of adorable, fluffy puppies on it that I finally shredded and disposed of in my mid 20's in an effort to remove the proof of my idiotic teen fantasies. Pathetic...)  So, this is the only journal I'm likely to keep with any kind of consistency until such time technology is available that can read my every thought and archive them for future reference. As I can hardly remember anything at all anymore, the "iMEMBERnow" should come in handy someday. Can't wait for Apple to invent it. (That is probably a gajillion dollar idea, by the way - think of me in 2020 when you see it on the market.)

Anyhoooooo...... I am setting some goals to keep the GAD in check and I'm selfishly using you to help keep me on track. So, here it goes......

1) I'm saying "NO" to anything containing the gooey goodness of caramel (which in my house is darn near anything really worth eating) - I can only promise this Monday - Friday; the weekends don't count
2) I'm pushing away from the table after dinner, served only on a small dinner plate and not rerounding, no matter how long it will be before it's on the menu again
3) I'm swapping Wednesday's AM school car pool with hubby so I can get my enlarged ass to spin class (ok, honey?)
4) I'm not skipping any more strength training workouts on the schedule just because I know I'll hurt so bad the following day that I cry out loud in pain while walking down the stairs; 4 days a week - minimum!
5) I'm hitting the open road on the bike on every sunny Saturday possible (well, except if it's too windy because I hate feeling like the wind is stronger than I am)
6) I'm doing a Century in June with sista and don't want to allow her to smoke me - it's embarrassing

There you have it.....what will you Just Say "No" to?

As a side note, I'm saying "YES, ABSOLUTELY YES!!" to having this girl's abs......even if I have to buy them.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love it! And trying not to be a tad jealous (as always) about your iPhone and it's amazing apps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! That is fantastic! :) And you can do it. Looking and feeling good is addicting.

    ReplyDelete